Don’t want to give online?
There are many different ways to give to WPA.
Our quickest way to give.
Give via Text
The quickest way to give is by text message. Simply text the amount of money you would like to give to 226-400-2025. The first time doing this you will have to register your payment details but after that you can make a donation in under 10 seconds!
Tips to make it even easier
- Save the number 226-400-2025 into your contacts on your phone for quick reference.
- To update your credit card information text the phrase “Update Card” to the same number.
We use an application called “Text2Give” which does not store or receive any credit card information. Period. All cardholder data is transmitted to and stored securely in Text2Give’s payment processor’s system. You can rest assured that your data is safe when you make a mobile donation.
Weekly offerings on Sundays:
You can give using numbered envelopes (cash or cheque) or the envelopes found in the back of the pews. Simply complete the information on the envelope and drop it in the offering plate. Cheques can be made out to Waterloo Pentecostal Assembly.
Electronic Funds Transfer:
Every month a set amount can be debited from your account and designated to the general fund or other minitries as directed. Forms can be picked up at the Welcome Centre.
Debit, Visa or Mastercard:
There is a debit and credit machine at the Welcome Centre where you are able to make a donation and fill out an envelope with your designation.
By Mail:Waterloo Pentecostal Assembly 395 King St. N. Waterloo, ON N2J 2Z7
The church mailbox is located to the right of the child check-in counter.
What the Bible tells us about giving.
The Bible refers to using 10% of your income as a basis for knowing how much to give. That’s called tithing. Why? Jesus said this, “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21). If we become generous with our money, God promises our heart will follow. Additionally, 2 Corinthians 9 tells us “each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give; not reluctantly or under compulsions, for God loves a cheerful giver.” In other words, giving is part of God’s design for Christ-followers.
Designated Giving Policy Waterloo Pentecostal Assembly adopts this policy in order to comply with Trust Law & CRA guidelines in regards to designated giving. WPA will ensure that gifts or donations it receives which are designated for the support of a particular ministry is used solely for the purpose it was intended.
- All contributions are made unconditionally and without personal benefit to the donor.
- The contribution is made to or for the use of the church.
- No personal service is to be considered as a charitable gift.
Designated Giving Policy:
- A donation becomes a gift to the charity when it passes hands from the donor to the church and can not be returned to the donor unless it does not fit into this policy.
- Givers are encouraged to support the general offering of the church with their regular tithes and offerings.
- The church will receive designated giving only to areas which are board approved or are already part of the churches approved budget.
- Each restricted contribution designated towards such an approved program or project will be used as designated with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or cannot be completed for any reason determined by the organization, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where needed most.